Trichotillomania: a case report with clinical and dermatoscopic differential diagnosis with alopecia areata.
- Ana Cecília Versiani Duarte Pinto,
- Tatiana Cristina Pedro Cordeiro de Andrade,
- Fernanda Freitas de Brito,
- Gardênia Viana da Silva,
- Maria Lopes Lamenha Lins Cavalcante,
- Antonio Carlos Ceribelli Martelli
An Bras Dermatol 2017 Jan-Feb;92(1):118-120
Department of Dermatology of the Instituto Lauro de Souza Lima (ILSL) - Bauru (SP), Brazil.
Trichotillomania is a psychodermatologic disorder characterized by uncontrollable urge to pull one's own hair. Differential diagnoses include the most common forms of alopecia such as alopecia areata. It is usually associated with depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Read More