- Vivian Fichman,
- Antonio Carlos Francesconi do Valle,
- Priscila Marques de Macedo,
- Dayvison Francis Saraiva Freitas,
- Manoel Marques Evangelista de Oliveira,
- Rodrigo Almeida-Paes,
- Maria Clara Gutierrez-Galhardo
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2018 Apr 23;12(4):e0006434. Epub 2018 Apr 23.
Laboratory of Clinical Research on Infectious Dermatology, Evandro Chagas National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Background: Pregnant women with sporotrichosis should not receive systemic antifungal therapy except in severe cases when amphotericin B is recommended. Thermotherapy is the most reported treatment described in this group of patients. It entails weeks of daily self-application of heat to the lesions, requires that the patient faithfully apply it, and it could cause skin burns. Read More