Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2017 Aug 2;55(7):670-673. Epub 2017 May 2.
b Department of Emergency Medicine , Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Branch , Taoyuan , Taiwan.
Context: Accidental ingestion of foxglove (Digitalis purpurea) can cause significant cardiac toxicity. We report a patient who ingested foxglove mistaking it for comfrey and developed refractory ventricular arrhythmias. The patient died despite treatment with digoxin-specific antibody fragments (DSFab) and veno-arterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (VA-ECMO). Read More