- Mario Fernando Ribeiro de Miranda,
- Josie Eiras Bisi Dos Santos,
- Silvia Ferreira Rodrigues Müller,
- Maraya de Jesus Semblano Bittencourt,
- Arival Cardoso de Brito,
- Jorge Nazareno da Silva Barros Junior,
- Ellen Maria Sampaio Xerfan
Am J Dermatopathol 2017 Feb 15. Epub 2017 Feb 15.
Departments of *Dermatopathology, and †Dermatology, Universidade Federal do Pará, Brazil.
Hydroa vacciniforme (HV)-like lymphoma is a rare, usually fatal Epstein-Barr virus-driven lymphoproliferative disease affecting children from Asia, Mexico, and South America. Cutaneous manifestations imitate HV, a benign photodermatosis in which systemic symptoms are not observed, and spontaneous regression occurs later in adolescence or young adulthood. We report a case of HV-like lymphoma in a 12-year-old girl, descendent from an ancient Amazon indigenous tribe that, as far as we know, represents the second Brazilian case ever reported in the medical literature. Read More