- Maria Paula Barbieri D'Elia,
- Marcela Calixto Brandão,
- Bruna Ribeiro de Andrade Ramos,
- Márcia Guimarães da Silva,
- Luciane Donida Bartoli Miot,
- Sidney Emanuel Batista Dos Santos,
- Hélio Amante Miot
BMC Med Genet 2017 Feb 17;18(1):17. Epub 2017 Feb 17.
Department of Dermatology, FMB-Unesp, Botucatu, SP, Brazil.
Background: Melasma is a chronic acquired focal hypermelanosis affecting photoexposed areas, especially for women during fertile age. Several factors contribute to its development: sun exposure, sex steroids, medicines, and family history. Melanic pigmentation pathway discloses several SNPs in different populations. Read More