Ultrasonographic parameters of the liver, spleen and kidneys among a cohort of school children in Sri Lanka.
- Dianne Tania Dayanthi Warnakulasuriya,
- Pattiya Pathirennahalage Uddika Chamila Peries,
- Yaddehi Arachchillage Chaminda Rathnasekara,
- KaluArachchige Thushari Madurika Jayawardena,
- Angappulige Upasena,
- Anada Rajitha Wickremasinghe
BMC Pediatr 2017 Nov 16;17(1):192. Epub 2017 Nov 16.
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya, Thalagolla, Ragama, 11010, Sri Lanka.
Background: Liver, spleen and kidney dimensions on ultrasonography vary with the age, weight and ethnicity. Reference standards of these parameters for normal Sri Lankan children are not available. Our aim was to establish normative data for longitudinal length of liver, spleen and kidneys in healthy children. Read More