- María Fernanda Álvarez Barreneche,
- Carlos Andrés Restrepo Castro,
- Alicia Hidrón Botero,
- Juan Pablo Villa Franco,
- Ivan Mauricio Trompa Romero,
- Laura Restrepo Carvajal,
- Alejandro Eusse García,
- Adriana Ocampo Mesa,
- Lina María Echeverri Toro,
- Glenys Patricia Porras Fernández de Castro,
- Jaime Mauricio Ramírez Rivera,
- Carlos Andrés Agudelo Restrepo
AIDS Res Ther 2017 Nov 13;14(1):60. Epub 2017 Nov 13.
School of Health Sciences, Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, Carrera 44 # 18-56, Antioquia, Medellín, Colombia.
Background: Antiretroviral therapy (ART) has modified the natural history of HIV-infection: the incidence of opportunistic infections (OIs) has decreased and mortality associated to HIV has improved dramatically. The reasons for hospitalization have changed; OIs are no longer the most common reason for admission. This study describes the patient population, admission diagnosis and hospital course of HIV patients in Colombia in the ART era. Read More