Guwahati, Assam | India
Main Specialties: Other
Additional Specialties: Organic Synthesis, Catalysis, Computational Organic Synthesis
Dr. PRODEEP PHUKAN
Department of Chemistry, Gauhati University,
GUWAHATI – 781014, Assam, INDIA
Ph.D. National Chemical Laboratory, Pune (University of Pune), 1999
(Supervisor: Dr. A. Sudalai)
M. Sc. Chemistry, Gauhati University, 1992
B. Sc. Chemistry, Dibrugarh University (Science College, Jorhat), 1989
Post Doctoral work: University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
(with Prof. Martin E. Maier) 2002-2003
Lecture, Gauhati University 1999-2003
Sr. Lecturer, Gauhati University 2003-2006
Reader, Gauhati University 2006-2009
Associate Professor, Gauhati University 2009- 2012
Professor, Gauhati University 2012 - to date
1. Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship (AvH Foundation, Germany): 2002-2003
2. Ramanna Fellowship; DST, India: 2007
3. Most Cited Paper 2004-2007 award (Tetrahedron Letters) Elsevier, UK: 2007
4. J. N. Baruah Memorial Science Award, Assam Science Society (Jorhat
1. Branch): 2008
5. B. M. Das Memorial Science Award (Dr. B. M. Das Memorial Trust, Guwahati,
2. Assam), : 2009
6. Syamasri Gupta Memorial Young Scientist Award (Indian Society for Surface
3. Science and Technology): 2011.
7. Bronze medal from Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI): 2013.
8. Prof. H. C. Bhuyan award, Assam Science Society: 2013
9. Best Chemistry Teacher award 2013 for promotion for chemistry as subject by Tata Chemicals, Association of Chemistry Teachers, India, Confederation of Indian Industries, Royal Society of Chemistry, UK.
10. Represented the Indian delegation (as a mentor) for 46th International Chemistry Olympiad held at Hanoi, Vietnam, during 20-29 July 2014.
11. Represented the Indian delegation (as a mentor) for 47th International Chemistry Olympiad held at Baku, Azerbaijan, during 20-29 July 2015.
12. Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), London, 2017
Asymmetric synthesis, Small molecule synthesis, New synthetic methods,
Homogeneous and Heterogeneous catalysis, C-H activation, Nitrene transfer reactions,
Magnetic nano-catalyst, Computational Organic Chemistry
No. of Ph. D. Students produced: 20
No. of Ph. D. students presently working: 10
No. of Research papers published; 114
No. of Patent : 3
Primary Affiliation: Gauhati University - Guwahati, Assam , India
12PubMed Central Citations
J Fluoresc 2015 Sep 19;25(5):1431-5. Epub 2015 Aug 19.
Department of Chemistry, Gauhati University, Guwahati, Assam, India, 781 014.
Download full-text PDF
Acta Crystallogr C 2007 Sep 9;63(Pt 9):m392-4. Epub 2007 Aug 9.
Department of Chemistry, Gauhati University, Guwahati 781 014, India.
Download full-text PDF