- Experience attending patients as a GP (1985 - ongoing). I have been a GP trainer in Spain during 10 years and the Director in two health centres (during more than 6 years). I have worked during 7 months as a GP in Croydon University Hospital (OOH). From Oct 2017 up to know, I work as a GP in Abbey House Medical Centre, Navan, Ireland
- I have ample experience in emergency medicine. I have been working as an A&E consultant in Hospital Universitario “Ramón y Cajal” during 4 years (2009-12) and during 3.5 years in the UK (from Mar 2014 to Oct 2017), as a clinical specialist (middle grade).
- Co-director of the University course (Universidad de Alcalá - Madrid) Transsexuality: infancy, adolescence, and mature age: Psycho-social and medical-surgical implications (6th Ed. 2018)
- Professor of the University course (2017-18 and 2018-19) in GRADUATE DEGREE IN APPLIED ENDOCRINOLOGY AND DIETETIC NUTRITION from CUNIMAD (Centro Universitario Internacional de Madrid).
- I am a PhD and I have wide experience in research and investigation. In the last 12 years, I have presented communications almost every year to national and/or international congresses. In the last 14 years, I have conducted as Senior Researcher (main investigator), 9 clinical trials that passed the Ethics Committee at Hospital Universitario “Ramón y Cajal”. I have participated in many clinical assays, and helped in several doctoral thesis.
- I have published 32 papers in last years, including Arthritis, Lancet, Neurology, Ann Int Med, Rheumatology, Hand, Clin Neurophysiol, Med Clin, Acta Rheumatol, Medifam…
- During 8 years, I have been professor and co-director of the university course “Metabolic Syndrome”, University of Alcala (Madrid). I am currently one of the four professors teaching the Master Degree: “Endocrinology and Nutrition”, in University of Alcala.
- Another main field of my interest is Rheumatology. I am the head of the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) Working Group in Madrid. My group published several papers (I am the first author) about CTS, among others, the first randomized trial (May 2005) comparing surgery vs corticosteroid injections. It is one of the most cited papers whenever speaking about CTS treatment.
- I used to teach injections techniques (both to junior doctors and to other GPs, as a member of the Spanish Rheumatology Association), and minor surgery procedures (I am the co-author of the book for GPs: Minor Surgery and Procedures in Family Medicine.
- I have been a professor (2004-11) and co-director (2008-11) of the university course: “Metabolic Syndrome” at University of Alcalá (Madrid).
- I am a professor of Ultrasound in Emergency Medicine and charter member of EcoSemes (Working Group of the Spanish Society of Emergency Medicine). I was the responsible of the Ultrasound Unit in my last Health Centre ("Gandhi", Madrid).
- I work with the Madrid Gender Identity Unit. I have participated in many courses about gender dysphoria and published several papers about transsexualism.
- I also speak Spanish, Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese Chinese. I was the GP of the Chinese Colony in Madrid from 1983 to 2014. I have published several papers about care of the Chinese-immigrant patient.
Primary Affiliation: Abbey House Medical Centre - Navan, Co Meath , Ireland
What are PubFacts Points?
PubFacts points are rewards to PubFacts members, which allow you to better promote your profile and articles throughout PubFacts.com
How do I earn PubFacts Points?
Each member is given 50 PubFacts points upon signing up. You can earn additional points by completing 100% of your profile, creating and participating in discussions, and sharing other members research.
What can I do with PubFacts Points?
Currently, you can use PubFacts Points to promote and increase readership of your articles.